Job requirements and responsibilities of IT professionals are becoming more complicated as organizations become digital,according to new research professionals CompTIA.IT are re-assessing their roles and responsibilities to reorganize and prioritize thanks to the wide range of latest available technological options for organizations,CompTIA States report Building Digital Organisation.
The report gives an insight into five main areas,including market overview,business model analysis,challenges,opportunities and qualitative interviews.The market overview includes the cloud and the role of mobility in the new era of business technology.Cloud and mobility, including new technologies,which projected sales growth in almost all of the IT industry IT destination and typical building systems business inevitably more difficult,thanks to all the technology options and more input is added by business units.
In the analysis of business model, respondents report included as the main driver in the IT business decisions with a crucial role in the decision for the 80 percent of respondents . As for the challenges they will,the selection and application of technologies with zero IT function involvement is a major concern.In terms of opportunities companies certainly see areas where it is the principal owner of the organization.
Companies grow and tasks of the IT infrastructure,integration,intelligence and innovation, including the intelligence and innovation as a strategic path for the IT function.In the qualitative interviews of the report,there were seven main results of CompTIA discovered :
• Corporate IT’s power and influence is growing with multiple business leaders, not solely IT, having a say in its direction.
• IT’s transformation into an internal service provider is still growing and will require several more years to mature.
• The shift from capex to opex with steadily even out.
• The security conversation is extending from not only device protection, but to total data protection.
• Mobile conversation is extending to the Internet of Things.
• Big Data is on the radar, but data-driven decisions are very limited.
• Innovation cycles are getting shorter and shorter.